[pve-devel] megaraid interrupts

Waschbüsch IT-Services GmbH service at waschbuesch.it
Thu Apr 20 23:30:36 CEST 2017

Hi all,

In case this is helpful to anyone else:

I just installed PVE 4.4 on a box with a megaraid controller (9261-8i).
For some reason, the device's interrupts where not distributed among CPU cores.
After digging a little, I found that the version of the megaraid driver that comes with the current pve-kernel (4.4.49-1-pve) is:

06.810.09.00-rc1
(Note: At least for my card, there is no stable version of the driver matching this release candidate.)

Anyway, more recent versions of the driver have resolved some issues around interrupt handling.

I found that, for my system, upgrading the driver to version

06.813.05.00

solved my issue and interrupts were distributed across CPU cores one more.

Best,

Martin