[pve-devel] RFC V2 Storage Replica

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Apr 21 02:16:19 CEST 2017

@mir
> Could a drive-mirror not use a SSH tunnel?

yes, we already doing it for local disk live migration. (drive-mirror to nbd target)

>>I do not talk about the technical implementation. I am
>>just unsure how to store the configuration for the
>>remote cluster/storage.

I think we can simply define target storage in target proxmox cluster storage.cfg.

then on source cluster, define group of host(s) of target cluster + storage.
maybe add login/password  or some kind of special token (we could define it in target cluster)

something like:

remotesharedstorage: targetstoreid, host= targetnode1,targetnode2 , token=xxxxx    (like this we can have a retry to targetnode2 if targetnode1 is down)

remotelocalstorage1: targetstoreid1, host=targetnode1, token=xxxxx

remotelocalstorage2: targetstoreid2, host=targetnode2, token=xxxxx

and on source vm, define the target previously defined we want to replicate.