[pve-devel] RFC V2 Storage Replica

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Apr 21 09:28:31 CEST 2017

>>Something like that. But login/password is maybe not enough, because we also
>>need ssh connection. Or can we make it work without ssh?

for api call, it's ok through https

For disk replication , I think that ssh have too much penality for performance. But maybe user want it as option
if the remote cluster is in a remote location/cloud on internet. (or other kind of encryption)

but at least, we need a tunneling like socat for zfs or rbd.
qemu mirroring|backup can work directly to nbd (and tls encryption is available in qemu 2.9)

>>If so, we need to add at least a fingerprint to identify the remote host?
yes !