[pve-devel] PVE Minimal Debian Appliance

Alwin Antreich a.antreich at proxmox.com
Mon Dec 18 09:02:01 CET 2017

Hello Thomas,

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 12:09:01AM +0100, c.monty at web.de wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Can you consider to provide a PVE Minimal Debian Appliance considering
> things like
> "Removing Packages for dealing with hardware. This is not usually done
> within a container" und "Removing Packages for interactive use."
>
> Bitname is providing "a minimalist [...] image built specifically to be used
> as a base image for containers called Minideb
> <https://github.com/bitnami/minideb>.
>
> Bitname provides a makefile for building Minideb and this returns a file
> ~55MB.
> thomas at pc8-nb:~/GitHub/minideb$ ll -h build
> insgesamt 55M
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  55M Dez 17 23:34 stretch.tar
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  25K Dez 17 23:34 stretch.tar.log
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7,8K Dez 17 23:34 stretch.tar.manifest
>
> Do you have any idea how to migrate this tar to a LXC?
> Or how to adapt this and build another PVE Appliance?
>
> THX

we get our container images from: http://uk.images.linuxcontainers.org/
There are all scripts available to build your own container.

See our docs on more information about container.
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#pct_container_images

The best place for any help on custom build containers is our forum.
https://forum.proxmox.com/

--
Cheers,
Alwin