[pve-devel] Custom storage plugins API

Alexander Schmid alex at modula-shop-systems.de
Fri Jan 13 10:09:09 CET 2017

I have implemented a PlugIn for ZFS on SCST and know of an
implementation for ZFS on FreeNAS via it`s Rest-API.

I think it`s best to inherit from Plugin.pm or a subclass, i.e.
ZFSPlugin.pm

If there is any interest i could provide the SCST - Plugin as Sample,
and maybe also the FreeNAS (had to ask).

I also extended ZFSPlugin to allow access to Snapshots (via zfs snapshot
+ clone + iSCISI Target on the Clone) and cloning from Snapshots (via
send/rcv on a clone). Therefore i had some minor changes in
QemuServer.pm to allow this. Any chance these could be taken into one of
the next releases ?

Best regards,
Alex