[pve-devel] HW driver / DKMS

Waschbüsch IT-Services GmbH service at waschbuesch.it
Sat Jan 14 12:37:54 CET 2017

> Am 14.01.2017 um 10:29 schrieb Dmitry Petuhov <mityapetuhov at gmail.com>:
>
> Yes, you can. Just install pve-headers package corresponding to your running kernel. Also you will have to manually install headers on every kernel update.
> Or you can just wait for next PVE kernel release. It usually contains latest RAID (including aacraid) and NIC drivers.
>
> But I don't think that you will have much gain of these features.

Thanks, Dmitry.

While not expecting any large performance gain, I am currently doing a comparison of two otherwise identical systems where one uses NUMA with 4 nodes and the other is set to enable node interleave, effectively rendering it a single node UMA system.
The goal is to see which is better suited for my specific workloads & VM usage.

Making as many components of the NUMA system NUMA aware sounds like a good idea in that context.

Martin