[pve-devel] RFC: vm migration+storage to external/remote proxmox cluster

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Fri Mar 10 08:05:25 CET 2017

Hi,

On 03/09/2017 07:49 PM, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> Sorry for the noise but is this something we will see before 5.0?

This exactly patch set probably not, no.

> I'm really interested in all regarding live migration without shared
> storage

You can do this now already? This patchset is for migrations of VMs
between two separate Clusters
(i.e. useful to move a VM from testing to production)

Migration between nodes in the same cluster with no shared storage can
be already achieved,

Directly migrating in via WebUI is not yet exposed, AFAIK, but on the
CLI you may try to use

qm migrate <vmid> <target-node> -oneline -with-local-disks

-oneline flag is needed in general for oneline live migration and
additional the
-with-local-disks is needed to mirroring local disks over.

Should work with latest Proxmox VE 4.4

cheers,
Thomas