[pve-devel] API Problem for LXC containers: Parameter verification failed. ( [cores] - property is not defined in schema and the schema does not allow additional properties )

Damian Lipski damian at modulesgarden.com
Mon May 8 12:30:28 CEST 2017

Hello,

When I try to create a new LXC container I get the error 'Parameter
verification failed. ( [cores] - property is not defined in schema and
the schema does not allow additional properties )' even when the 'cores'
parameter is correct.
The below is the API request that we send and the API response.

What could be the cause of this problem?
Please advice.

*REQUEST:*
POST https://xxx.xxx.xxx.x:8006/api2/json/nodes/pve-01/lxc/
Array
(
     [vmid] => 104
     [ostemplate] => local:vztmpl/centos-7-default_20160205_amd64.tar.xz
     [hostname] => mgtest1.com
     [password] => xxxxxxxxxx
     [cpulimit] => 4
     [cpuunits] => 1000
     [memory] => 512
     [swap] => 128
     [nameserver] => 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
     [cores] => 1
     [description] => Some description
     [storage] => local
     [unprivileged] => 0
     [net0] => name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,ip=10.1.1.128/28,gw=10.1.1.1,rate=10
     [rootfs] => local:10
)

*RESPONSE:*
HTTP/1.1 400 Parameter verification failed.
Cache-Control: max-age=0
Connection: close