[pve-devel] FreeNAS storage plugin

datanom.net mir at datanom.net
Wed May 24 12:58:28 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I have started developing a storage plugin for FreeNAS which uses the
FreeNAS REST API.
I have tested this using a combination of Postman, iscsi_discovery, and
iscsi-inq and everything seems to work perfectly. Using the REST API
also circumvent the limitations in CLD because with the API you create a
target group for every VM which can hold up to 25 LUNs (I think 25 LUNs
for each VM is sufficient).

In stead of extending the current ZFS_over_iSCSI plugin I would prefer
making a stand-alone plugin named FreeNAS. Any objection to this
decision?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org

----

This mail was virus scanned and spam checked before delivery.
This mail is also DKIM signed. See header dkim-signature.