[pve-devel] pve api offline during log rotation

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Thu Nov 9 13:47:25 CET 2017

On 11/09/2017 01:40 PM, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG wrote:
> *arg* sorry about that and thanks for resending your last paragraph. Yes
> that's exactly the point.
>
> Also thanks for the restart and systemctl explanation.

I have also have to apologize me, we're both (partly) right:
log rotate configuration does a restart on the old init.d scripts not the
pveproxy executable itself (should got rid of those init.d scripts already)
which results really in a full stop/start cycle (as systemctl restart would
have been).
So yeah, it currently does the "wrong" restart, but even if it would do the
"correct" one the problem is still there as of aforementioned reason with
the graceful restart. So both have to get fixed, I look into it, thanks for
the report and your patience with this.

cheers, Thomas