[pve-devel] XenServer to Proxmox in a single step

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Thu Nov 23 13:51:10 CET 2017

Hi,

On 11/23/2017 12:57 PM, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> I did a simple bash script (that doesn't require any external tools) able to
> convert a XenServer virtualmachine to a raw file (supported by Proxmox/qemu)
> in a single step, without using xenmigrate.py and without the need to
> export, extract, rebuild
>
> It's space saving and, more important, time saving, as you don't need
> to perform multiple operation.
>
> If interested, i would post here as GPL, I would be honored to see
> this published on your wiki
> as "new" workflow to convert a VM fom XenServer

Nice! Surely there's interest to see this script, you could even do a
Forum post with it too.

If it looks OK, was reported to be working fine we could add it to:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Xenmigrate
Maybe reorganizing the article a bit so that it gets transformed in a
more general migrate from XenServer article.

cheers,
Thomas