[pve-devel] [RFC cluster 0/6] Allow adding a node to a cluster over API

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Mon Nov 27 14:12:57 CET 2017

Initially, I picked up Dietmars work on this posted last year:
https://pve.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-devel/2016-November/024222.html
Adopting the then not-existing PVE API client library.
Fabian then told me that the idea of a cluster CA was rejected as not
ideal in off-list discussion, so I dropped those part of the series.
(But FYI, as I had this already rebased and slightly tested I'll keep
the branch here, maybe parts of it become useful)

So this is thus only the "join over API" part of this series.
As quite a bit happened in the last year, especially the new apiclient
and other refactoring in the cluster almost all of this can be seen as
new changes.

There's also a fallback to the old code, one which can be forced by the
user and another which checks if the pve-cluster package is recent
enough for the add to succeed.

This series uses the not yet applied PTY/read_password series from
Wolfgang B.

RFC, especially if the general approach seems OK.

cheers,
Thomas

Thomas Lamprecht (6):
  move addnode/delnode from CLI to cluster config API
  node add: factor out code
  return cluster config and authkey in addnode API call
  api: add joint cluster endpoint
  api/join: check if peer supports addnode over API
  pvecm: add: use API by default

 data/PVE/API2/ClusterConfig.pm | 374 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 data/PVE/Cluster.pm            | 146 +++++++++++++++
 debian/control.in              |   2 +

2.11.0