[pve-devel] Spice Server

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 23:54:03 CEST 2017

Hi guys...

I am trying to recompile spice-server in PVE 4.4, in order to make
SPICE_DEBUG_ALLOW_MC=1
works, but it seems I have no success.
In README file, I saw this:

Experimental Features
---------------------
To enable multiple client connections, set:
SPICE_DEBUG_ALLOW_MC=1

But I have a doubt if this a variable that we need to set before the
compilation or not and how can I do that?

I try put it into Makefile or do a export statement like
export SPICE_DEBUG_ALLOW_MC=1

But I don't if it's work or not. How can I check it?

I change the Tools.pm in /usr/share/perl5/PVE in order to actived the

SPICE_DEBUG_ALLOW_MC=1

but when I start the VM I get this warnning:

(/usr/sbin/qm:5003): Spice-Warning **: reds.c:3378:do_spice_init: spice:
allowing multiple client connections (crashy)

Perhaps I need to recompile other tools??

I will appreciated any advice?

Thanks a lot
---
Gilberto Ferreira