[pve-devel] API Return Values

Adam Krone adam.krone at thirdwavellc.com
Fri Oct 20 21:10:16 CEST 2017

> But if a user delete and recreates a resource the ID may get re-used.
> So we would have to make sure that this would not happen.
> But maybe this is not really a issue?

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about that. Terraform doesn't make any
guarantees that your saved state is up to date, but it does allow you to
"refresh" from the API, which will display a diff that you can use to
update your config files. I think that's really more of a policy that users
of a tool like Terraform would have to follow, and not something the API
needs to be concerned about.