[pve-devel] API Return Values

Adam Krone adam.krone at thirdwavellc.com
Mon Oct 23 21:52:18 CEST 2017

>This work very well with the GUI, because it detect/throws errors as soon
as
>someone modified the file (digest changed).
>
>But this kind of ID is not suitable to store in an external database.

I understand your concern, however, it sounds like the API already handles
these potential discrepancies. If someone updates a backup, regardless of
if it's through the GUI, crontab file, etc., any API requests made using an
invalid ID should return an error. And in the event of an error, it's up to
the client consuming the API to handle that, whether that's the official
GUI, or a third party library.

Is there something else I'm missing?