[pve-devel] [RFC manager 4/5] ui: add cluster join window POC

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Tue Apr 3 14:43:52 CEST 2018

Am 04/03/2018 um 01:52 PM schrieb Dominik Csapak:
> On 04/03/2018 10:49 AM, Thomas Lamprecht wrote:
>> Am 04/03/2018 um 10:16 AM schrieb Dominik Csapak:
>>> even with the autoflush patch, i could not get this to work properly:
>>>
>>> * i clicked join
>>> * for some seconds nothing happened
>>> * some things appeared (the other node, etc)
>>> * all api calls returned an error with no further message
>>>
>>> am i missing something still?
>>
>> I'd guess so, it worked quite well here on a almost vanilly setup,
>> but hey, wouldn't be the first time :)
>>
>> Do you have a task log on the node, in /var/log/pve/tasks/... ?
>> Anything in the journal?
>>
>> You could also send me your test setups credentials in private and I
>> could take a look.
>
> i think i have to express myself better:
>
> the clusterjoin itself worked without problems (i have a task entry,
> etc.) but the user experience was weird
> as in, i had no feedback what is currently happening until i got api
> errors and had to guess that i have to reload

When looking at your test system I saw that while you did deploy
pve-cluster from git,
including all needed commits, you did not do that with
proxmox-widget-toolkit,
you're missing:
https://git.proxmox.com/?p=proxmox-widget-toolkit.git;a=commitdiff;h=fde8e8bbb938a62a1b6265e588bec86c5c8036f0
and also:
https://git.proxmox.com/?p=proxmox-widget-toolkit.git;a=commitdiff;h=8d8dbfc5b9919e0e3871fd73cf5ea478b50e8628

cannot work without those... From my cover-letter:
> [...]
> A widget-toolkit from git, with the taskDone patch included, is needed for
> the 4/5 to work.

The taskviewer was never displayed as your window.edit version wasn't
aware of the new showTaskViewer setting.
Also the join task done callback was never called, thus you did not get
any UX help from my logic :)