[pve-devel] Sending patches

Rene Jochum rene at jochums.at
Tue Apr 17 14:15:23 CEST 2018

> yes, but please send each patch as separate mail (in reply to the cover
> letter). 'git send-email' does the right thing, so I'd recommend just
> collecting all the patches ('git format-patch' with subjectprefix set
> correctly in each repository) into one directory, and then running
>
> $ git send-email --annotate --to pve-devel at pve.proxmox.com directory/with/patches
>
> please make sure to include your "Signed-Off-By" lines, etc. pp.
>
> see [1] for a similar patch series from me
>
> 1: https://pve.proxmox.com/pipermail/pve-devel/2017-September/028860.html

Thanks for your reply Fabian,

I found a fix:

$ cd vncterm
$ git format-patch -o ../patches/ --subject-prefix="PATCH vncterm"
master..gitignore --cover-letter
$ cd ..
$ git format-patch --start-number=2 -o ../patches/
--subject-prefix="PATCH spiceterm" master..gitignore

^ see the "--start-number" parameter.

Thanks,
Rene