[pve-devel] cloudinit for proxmox 5 v3

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Feb 20 09:08:23 CET 2018

Hi !

>>@Alexandre: Since some of our changes fixup & build upon each other's
>>previous patches I'd propose using a 'Co-developed-by' tag in the
>>commit message for when squashing fixups of one person into another's
>>commit, would that be okay with you?

yes sure, no problem!

>>- The config-drive format has a few issues. For one, I couldn't use it
>>in a VM without forcing its network interface name to match the
>>config drive's (`eth0`) (and then it completely ignored my DNS
>>settings).
>>I wonder if we should switch to the NoCloud variant which seems to
>>allow matching by mac address (as well as driver or name)?

For windows, the only current daemon available is
https://cloudbase.it/cloudbase-init/
https://github.com/openstack/cloudbase-init

and it's seem to support only configdrivev2.
http://cloudbase-init.readthedocs.io/en/latest/services.html#openstack-configuration-drive

Maybe should we support 2 kinds of variant ? 1 for linux, 1 for windows ?