[pve-devel] istgt in Debian Stretch

Andreas Steinel a.steinel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 01:15:54 CET 2018

Hi everyone,

Inspired by a discussion on the forums, I tried to use istgt in Debian
Stretch (iscsitarget is not present anymore) so it could work with the
ZFS-over-iSCSI implementation. I'm unfamiliar with istgt in general but got
it to work with tweaking the example configuration and also adapted
the /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/LunCmd/Istgt.pm with the new configuration
and daemon paths. I have one LUN as required by the Storage:_ZFS_over_iSCSI
article.

At the moment, it creates the zfs volume on the target, yet crashes while
reading the maximum LUN id.

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at
/usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/LunCmd/Istgt.pm line 241

Are there any plans to integrate a Debian Stretch+ based
istgt implementation? The actual code in GIT wasn't touched for a few years
and I do not know how to debug the PVE perl code (except the obvious printf
 or datadump/datainspector stuff) in order to find out what works and what
does not.

Best,
Andreas aka LnxBil