[pve-devel] proxmox 2018 : add support for "virtual" network and network plugins ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Jan 24 07:33:01 CET 2018

Yes, that looks reasonable to me.

>>Besides, I would start with something simpler than that. Maybe a virtual
>>network with NAT...

If you want something simpler (so without vxlan-evpnbgp, or anycast gateway), the only way is to manage central "network node" which handle nat,s-nat,dhcp,..,
like classic openstack model. (and  need to manage failover)

>>We need to make sure that we can provide firewall service for those 'virtual' networks.

I think it doesn't break the current model, as the firewall is done on the fwbr between the vmbr and the tap interface.

(or do you want to implement firewall at the router level ?)