[pve-devel] proxmox 2018 : add support for "virtual" network and network plugins ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Jan 26 05:36:49 CET 2018

I have look at ovn documentation and gateway

http://openvswitch.org/support/boston2017/1150-ovn-gateways-ipv6.pdf
http://blog.spinhirne.com/2016/09/the-ovn-gateway-router.html

they support both central gateway (no failover yet), or distributed gateway (like vxlan-ebgp).

I think we could create a new daemon (pvenetworkd ?), running on each node,
which manage the snat and nat if the gateway ip is present on the node

with some plugins like

while(1){

if(gatewayip is present) {

 if(plugin->bridge) {
    plugin->bridge->createnat  (iptables ....)
 }
 if(plugin->ovn) {
    plugin->ovn->createnat  ( ovn-nbctl ....)
 }
}

sleep 1;
}

I don't known how to store ip configuration ?

do you want to store them in network config ? (/etc/pve/networks/mynetwork1.cfg for example)
or in vm/ct configuration ? (we already have private ip in CT)

or maybe both ? (store private ip in CT/VM + NAT public-private in network config ?)

we also need ip for dhcp server static configuration with ip-mac, and maybe retrieve ip from dhcp dynamic leases.