[pve-devel] Hyperconverged Cloud / Qemu + Ceph on same node

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Tue Jul 24 08:29:32 CEST 2018

Am 23.07.2018 um 21:04 schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
> Personally, I think that a vm could take all cpu usage, or memory, and impact ceph cluster for other vms.
>
> we should give ceph some kind of (configurable) priority.

Yes the problem is or might be. Most users will overcommit the cpu cores
with VMs. So theoretically the kvm processes might eat ALL CPU cores.
But while running ceph on the same node this should NEVER happen. So my
idea is to give cores exclusively to ceph.

Another problem is NUMA currently we use single CPUs to prevent all the
NUMA mess for ceph. So if i want to run ceph on Dual Socket Machines i
also want to pin ceph exclusively to cores on the same CPU.

Greets,
Stefan