[pve-devel] VNC console

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 11:20:16 CEST 2018

Il giorno ven 1 giu 2018 alle ore 10:50 Dominik Csapak
<d.csapak at proxmox.com> ha scritto:
> in qemu it is different, here the qemu process itself has a persistent
> vncserver to which we connect (this is outside of the guest)

So, with qemu (i'm using it) it should be possible to have a
persistent connection?
Because in my case, novnc connected to qemu is still not persistent,
regardless the vns server
running:

/usr/bin/kvm -id 104  [...] /var/run/qemu-server/104.vnc,x509,password

so, it should be a vnc server listening to /var/run/qemu-server/104.vnc

> you could of course connect to a ikvm supplied by your server directly,
> most server-grade mainboards have such a feature (e.g. in the ipmi,
> idrac, hp ilo, etc)

True, but this require additional cabling and hardware configurations.

There are all workarounds, but as a VNC server is already running, why not using
it directly with persisting connections ?