[pve-devel] need help to package frr routing software in proxmox way

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Mon Jun 11 09:05:12 CEST 2018

Hi,

On 6/11/18 8:15 AM, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working to package frr
> https://github.com/FRRouting/frr
>
> in proxmox way (with git submodule)
>

> official debian build infos are here:
>
> https://github.com/FRRouting/frr/blob/8d659e9168063897f5a475f78162f0e63889c964/doc/developer/packaging-debian.rst
>

> But I'm not sure how to implement this for a clean proxmox package in the Makefile

Normally the stepos would be somewhat like:

* ensure submodule is initialised
* sync over submodule to build directory
* overwrite (parts of) debian packaging directory
* call dpkg-buildpackage

> They are some bootstraping to generate the /debian directory with build rules.

what needs to be done here, roughly?
Isn't it enough to make a softlink from debian -> debianpkg in the
build directory?

> Maybe should I implemented this in "download:" to generate a tar.gz, and simply use it in "deb:" section ?

Hmm, if you do it with submodules then no "download to archive" should be needed.

A makefile could look somewhat like:
(this is a modified version of our novnc-pve Makfile)

PACKAGE=frr-pve
VER=X.Y.Z
PKGREL=1

SRCDIR=frr
BUILDDIR=${SRCDIR}.tmp

ARCH:=$(shell dpkg-architecture -qDEB_BUILD_ARCH)
GITVERSION:=$(shell git rev-parse HEAD)

DEB=${PACKAGE}_${VER}-${PKGREL}_${ARCH}.deb
all: ${DEB}

.PHONY: deb
deb: ${DEB}
${DEB}: | submodule
        rm -rf ${BUILDDIR}
        cp -rpa ${SRCDIR} ${BUILDDIR}
        ln -s ${BUILDDIR}/debian ${BUILDDIR}/debianpkg
	# copy debian changelog here, and/or overwrite d/control
        echo "git clone git://git.proxmox.com/git/frr-pve.git\\ngit checkout ${GITVERSION}" > ${BUILDDIR}/debian/SOURCE
        cd ${BUILDDIR}; dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc -us
        lintian ${DEB}

.PHONY: submodule
submodule:
	# some test to check if the submodule was initialized once
        #test -f "${SRCDIR}/vnc.html" || git submodule update --init

.PHONY: update_modules
update_modules ${SRCDIR}: submodule
        git submodule foreach 'git pull --ff-only origin master'

.PHONY: clean
clean:
        rm -rf *~ debian/*~ *.deb ${BUILDDIR} *.changes *.dsc *.buildinfo

.PHONY: dinstall
dinstall: deb
        dpkg -i ${DEB}1