[pve-devel] has somebody already tested corosync3 alpha et new knet transport ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Jun 27 10:39:14 CEST 2018

> do you see so much traffic on your proxmox test clusters ?

>>We need to compare multicast vs unicast ...

yes sure, it's 1mbit/s vs 50kb/s. but if I can run 200 nodes with 10mbits, I really don't care ;).
It's more about latency

>>Multicast is known to work with 32 nodes (some reports exists with up to 64
>>nodes),
>>and some users even want bigger clusters. So any such test/benchmark
>>should use up to 32 nodes, maybe more ...

Seem that they have begin to test with bigger clusters

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hb0sJVVGcnlc_ry2SJnIy22ct34QVAXz9I3AmetBNcY/edit#heading=h.99ommvng5zql

"24th Dec
Executed the first batch of tests with 9 nodes.
Cpghum tests confirm that knet is still much faster (much higher bw and much lower latency) than udpu.

25th Dec
Fixed knet_bench template generation
Started testing with 16 nodes over 2 networks (still applying several workaround for PMTUd)
16 nodes testing + hacks still shows knet being a lot faster than UDPU
Testing 32 nodes (so far membership join/keep is stable)

"

So, it seem to be on the right way.