[pve-devel] HTTP API : Cloudinit

Dominik Csapak d.csapak at proxmox.com
Wed Mar 21 12:37:29 CET 2018

On 03/21/2018 11:02 AM, Mariusz Miodowski wrote:
> I mean custom cloud init script.
>
> For example I want to inject code which downloads something using wget.

i don't think adding a custom script to vm config is a good idea,
there would have to be a different approach, as to prevent to include
arbitrary files into the config without requiring root for everything
(e.g. having a predefined place per storage for this, but this is again
non-trivial)

an alternative approach would be to include the script in the template,
no? or what exactly do you want to execute inside the vm, where it
cannot be in the template?

or as you already configure the vm with network, you can leverage ssh
and use ansible for example (or plain ssh to download/upload a script)