[pve-devel] [RFC/Draft] U2F Authentication

Wolfgang Bumiller w.bumiller at proxmox.com
Fri May 25 10:15:44 CEST 2018

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 04:57:56PM +0200, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
> does it work with fido2/webauthn too ?
>
> https://www.w3.org/2018/04/pressrelease-webauthn-fido2.html.en

I only have a yubikey4 to test which uses u2f/fido compatible with
libu2f-server. There seems to exist a libfido2 - not in debian though,
and I don't know about browser compatibility there. The general API
structure seems to be the same though, so adding another variant should
work as well, but I don't think my yubikey speaks the new protocol, so
I'd need a new device first to be able to work on that.
I should go over the ticket changes again to make sure it's extensible
in a sane way for later.