[pve-devel] pve-firewall : log conntrack sessions ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Nov 21 07:50:34 CET 2018

Hi,

I'm currently to finally use proxmox firewall in production next year,

and I missing piece is session logging (create in conntrack, end in conntrack).

It's currently possible with ulogd2, but ulogd2 don't start with pve fw logger is running.

I have found a blog about it:

https://home.regit.org/2014/02/logging-connection-tracking-event-with-ulogd/

It's need to enable :

echo "1"> /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_acct
echo "1"> /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_timestamp

then ulogd2 listen for 2 netlink events:

NF_NETLINK_CONNTRACK_NEW: 0x00000001
NF_NETLINK_CONNTRACK_DESTROY: 0x00000004

https://git.netfilter.org/ulogd2/tree/input/flow/ulogd_inpflow_NFCT.c

I'm pretty poor in C , don't known if it's difficult to port this ulogd code in pve fw logger ?