[pve-devel] [RFC/PATCH installer 0/4] don't create swap on ZFS as default

Andreas Steinel a.steinel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 08:17:53 CEST 2018

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 8:10 AM Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> I thought we all agreed that swap does not make sense on
> high memory system?

Very true.

I'd still suggest - as I did for many years on the forums - to install
zram. This can be done automatically and then you have some swap,
compressed memory-backed, but still swap.
Unfortunately, zram-config is still not in Debian, but the Ubuntu
package works fine. It's just some systemd config files.

--
With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andreas Steinel
M.Sc. Visual Computing
M.Sc. Informatik