[pve-devel] Using rEFInd with Proxmox VE

Andreas Steinel a.steinel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 08:26:39 CEST 2018

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 7:40 PM Fabian Grünbichler
<f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com> wrote:
> we just recently discussed this again internally, and we will come up
> with some kind of solution in time for PVE 6.x (one way or another, we
> still need to test all the possible ways to tackle this before deciding
> which way to go).

Perfect!

> I do wonder why you used rEFInd and not just plain grub (in EFI mode) though?

I loved grub 1 for decades, yet grub 2 is just too complicated. I felt
in love with rEFInd while
working on some MacOS problems, so I also used it in Linux situations aswell.

Main problem on the forums with grub2 was that the Debian version was
just too old.

--
With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andreas Steinel
M.Sc. Visual Computing
M.Sc. Informatik