[pve-devel] scsi-hd vs scsi-generic with iSCSI

Daniel Berteaud daniel at firewall-services.com
Wed Oct 2 18:41:16 CEST 2019

----- Le 30 Sep 19, à 11:52, Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com a écrit :

> Depends on the outcome of above, but effectively we would like to
> not have the choice between "working or not", so ideally we can
> just either fix it in QEMU or set the respective (working) option
> for all new started VMs (QEMU machine versioned, to not break live
> migration due to changed VM HW).

Just thinking about it, as scsi-hd, scsi-block scsi-generic won't present the same HW to the VM, moving disk from one storage to another is already broken if both source and dest are not the same type (eg if source uses scsi-hd but dest scsi-block or scsi-generic). Without even considering the issues I have when ZFS is used as a backend.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
[ https://www.firewall-services.com/ ]