[pve-devel] Planning to work on sdn again in january

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Thu Jan 2 11:05:04 CET 2020

Hi,

Am 12/23/19 um 5:06 PM schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm going to work on sdn again in january (after X-mas holidays), I was a bit busy this month.
>

> Frr 7.2 bug with evpn is fixed
> https://github.com/FRRouting/frr/pull/5518
>
> I'm going to deep test it.

great, I've seen that it was merged into the 7.2 stable branch, IIRC
they do not often bump the stable branch to a new release, so if all
works for you we can cherry-pick that here.

> Also, ifupdown2 2.0 has been released (full netlink, no more ip or brctl command used, and also a netlink cache is also available)
> I'll test it too.

2.0.1-1 has been released just on two days ago, so we could package that,
it's GRO, TSO, ... offload attributes could make life easier for a few of
our users too, which have trouble with certian NICs and that feature..

Do you plan to sent the update to the package or should I take a look?
(I'm only working fully next week again, FYI)

> And on sdn side, I'll begin to wrote documentation and examples.
> (I'll try to write some doc for local network configuration too, as I'm seeing a lot of users on the forum with questions on hertner/ovh setup )

Cool!

> Have a nice holiday && happy X-mas !

Thanks, have a nice 2020!

cheers,