[PVE-User] Install without cdrom is possible ?

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Sat Apr 19 10:35:52 CEST 2008

Hi Romain,

it will not work and it is not the supported way.

you will end up with the following problems:

- Web interface will not work as the apache2 modules are not configured in the right way
- LVM2 partitions are not configured in the way Proxmox VE needs it.
- Maybe there are some other issues which I am never tested here.

The other way, e.g. installing the ISO on a workstation PC gives you a complete debian etch 64 – just install the missing desktop parts  and you have a nice gnome workstation.
(But also here, there is one blocking issue: the sun-java browser plugin - needed for accessing the management interface - is not available on 64bit, so you cannot access the console on this WS, you can work around this by installing 32-bit java plugins but this is a long way ...)

Best Regards,

Martin