[PVE-User] Strange thing with the container

Pongracz Istvan pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 12:59:14 CET 2008

Hi guys,

I started the proxmox server last Saturday and I created only one openvz
container.

I used debian 4 template to make a container, which actively use the network and the hard disk.

I checked the htop and it shows me a strange output in the CPU bars. I have two cores in
my amd processor and one of them jumping between 0 (zero) - 100% - nan%.
Most of the time the nan% presents in the bar.

I guess, this is caused by that the container created with '--cpus 1' flag, which allows
to use only one core.

Could you confirm this kind of thing?

Thank you,
István