[PVE-User] The future of PVE

Jeremiah Roth listcatcher at rothwerx.com
Fri Jul 4 17:28:03 CEST 2008

On Jul 4, 2008, at 1:50 AM, Martin Maurer wrote:

> We have a repository providing easy updates (deb packages). We try
> to make updates very easy.
>>

> Yes, Proxmox VE is now and in future open source.
> (We use public keys to sign files from our server (the appliance
> download server).
>>

> Yes, for a beta we are quite stable. Some features are missing (e.g.
> the vzdump backup via web interface) but the system is already used
> in production by some people.
> You can expect a second beta in a few weeks, extending KVM
> capabilities (and newest versions of KVM and OpenVZ).
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Martin Maurer

Thanks for the answers, Martin.  I'm looking forward to using Proxmox
VE and this should help me convince my colleagues that we should use
it.  I hope to contribute *something* back to the project once we
start using it, even if it's just documentation and a few dollars here
and there.  If this is beta, I can't wait to see a full release.

Regards,
-Jeremiah