[PVE-User] Potential alternatives to VNC java applet for console access

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Jun 19 18:53:31 CEST 2008

Greetings,

Given the fact that the Java JRE isn't available for Linux x86_64 platforms, I've looked into alternatives... including those that can be browser embedded.  I've run across two:

gtk-vnc plugin - Not really widely distributed... it was a sample application written to showcase the gtk-vnc libraries and is reportedly a Mozilla Firefox plugin that allows for embedding VNC sessions.

Flashlight-vnc - http://www.wizhelp.com/flashlight-vnc/index.html - a VNC viewer written in Flash for easy browser embedding.  There is also a record application and recorded vnc connections can be played back easily.

If interested, give those a look to see if they would be suitable replacements / alternatives to the existing VNC java-applet for Promox VE.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street