[PVE-User] vmbr0 issues with openvz container

Pongracz Istvan pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 22:01:29 CET 2008

Hi,

I found something strange with the bridged network with openvz
container.
I cannot reach the network from the VE, without issuing a 'ifconfig
veth101.0 0' manually.

Details:
I have a vmbr0 -> eth0 -> LAN configuration.
I added 3 KVM machines to the vmbr0 bridge. They can see to each other
and they can reach the LAN/internet.
After I added 2 openvz (pub1, pub2) VEs with bridged networking (vmbr0).
I setup the IP address and route of pub2 and stop/start it.
By default (without any hack or finetuning) it seems pub1/pub2 cannot
reach the network.
I have to issue the following command manually: ifconfig veth101.0 0 to
get it working.

I can reproduce it (I already did it several times before I wrote this
mail).

My question is, this kind of operation is normal or I missed something?
Does anybody expect this kind of problem?

I will check the PVE code to see, what happens in that level......

Regards,
István

--
BSA. Mert megérdemlitek.