[PVE-User] KVM disk resize

Benjamin Griese der.darude at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 21:13:52 CET 2008

Hello Shain,

I don't know if that is possible for the used QEMU qcow2 files, but i think
the bigger problem is the filesystem used in that file i.e. ext3 or smth.
similar which can't be downsized. I for myself use a big XFS-partition in
addition to the root filesystem on a ext3.
But I had some bad experiences with that filesystem, because it doesn't
respond sometimes for about 500secs and makes the whole vm stuck.

Bye and very good work proxmox-Team,
your work is much appreciated!

benjamin

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 19:50, Shain Miley <smiley at npr.org> wrote:

> First I wanted to say good work on release of version 1.0.  I upgraded
> today and everything looks great so far.
>
> I was also hoping that someone might be able to tell me easiest way to
> resize a Windows VE that I have running under KVM.
>
> I setup this machine a while ago with 30GB allocated..but now it seems
> that I will only really use about 15GB...I would like to reclaim the
> unused space...any suggestions?
>
> Shain
>
> PS...continue to keep up the good work.

Yogi Berra  - "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."