[PVE-User] proxmox network config

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Fri Oct 31 07:40:41 CET 2008

> Can I have a Host Proxmox with a public ip and a private ip, something
> like you have in your eth1 with public ip and in the vmbr0 with
private
> ip, so i can have access by the public IP and some of your VE virtual
> can have access by the private ip and others by their public ips. Or
> Can
> i have only VE vitual with public ips by using the KVM?

You can create up to 10 bridges, connect them to physical interfaces,
and
assign them public or private IPs. The problem is that you also need a
firewall to restrict traffic between them, and that is the hard part. We
do not support that now, but you can take a look at:

http://www.fridu.org/fulup-posts/40-hosting-a-sysadmin/52-openvz-virtual
ization#architecture

He has also a nice video tutorial. You can get some ideas there.

- Dietmar