[PVE-User] I forgot password for login on phisical, mashine and can not change it

Vladica Maric vmaric at rgz.gov.rs
Tue Aug 4 13:20:15 CEST 2009

I have problem with proxmox. I forgot password for login on phisical
mashine and can not change it. For couple days i mast make presentation
in my commpany, we consider inport new tehnology in our commpany. But I
forgot password.
Please help me!

I try standard way, but dont work!

I can not do anything. When boot my system I press "e"
Then appear on a second line:
Kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.19-1-pve root=/dev/mapper/pve-root ro
then I press "e" for edit and is appear:

Kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.19-1-pve root=/dev/mapper/pve-root ro
I added on the end of line "-s"
Kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.19-1-pve root=/dev/mapper/pve-root ro -s
press enter and b for boot
When debian (proxmox) up, He ask me for login. Not in single user mode.
Please  help me!

best regards!
your Vladica!