[PVE-User] Proxmox Memory

Tony Zakula tonyzakula at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 16:15:36 CEST 2009

Hi,
I am kind of new to Proxmox and OpenVZ.  I know this question partly deals
 with OpenVZ, but I am still trying to understand the memory issue.  I am
running one Debian Lenny container as a test on a machine with 4gb of ram
and a quad core processor.  I have allocated 2gb of ram and 2gb of swap to
the container.  The Proxmox VM machine page says that the VM is using 2.36
gb of memory, but the machine page says the actual physical memory used  is
1.03 gb.  So does this mean the applications in the VM are running in ram
and really only requiring 1gb?  If anyone can help me wrap my head around
this I would appreciate it.  I plan to add another container, but I am
running Java applications and I am unsure of exactly how to be safe but
efficient here.

Thanks,

TonyZ