[PVE-User] no more isos after configuring cluster

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Thu Aug 20 10:24:02 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I am testing proxmox-ve, and for a first try, intalled it on a PC (Dell
Precision T3400), a few months ago. I then downloaded several isos
(windows 2003, Ubuntu, etc..) to install virtual machines (using KVM).
The version is now 1.3.

Yesterday, a more serious server (Dell PE 2900) became available for
further tests. I installed it with Proxmox-ve 1.3, then configured it as
cluster master (pveca -c), then configure the PC (Precision T3400), as
cluster node (pveca a -h IP_master).

All went smoothly, and I even tried a virtual machine migration.

This morning, I wanted to install a new virtual machine on the PC, and
to my big surprise, did not find any more isos on this PC. Even the
possibility to download one has disappeared. It is only avalaible on the
master node.
I verified on the PC, in /var/lib/vz/template:iso, where I stored the
files, and indeed, there is no more files...

Is this the normal and intended behavior ? I must say it is a little bit
painful...

Nevertheless, congratulations for the work !

Best Regards,
Alain

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Attention, nouveau laboratoire issu du CETP !!
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33