[PVE-User] Question

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Mon Jan 12 09:34:40 CET 2009

Yes, but we are working to change that :-)

OS virtualization has a lot of advantages compared to others and the main problem is that most people just do not know it yet.
But also in US, a LOT of hosting companies uses OpenVZ.

> Everybody uses XEN when not paying for ESX. So if you could in your next
> release provide the three types of virtualization together, it will be a
> hit. But please do yourself a favor an create a "Clone" button.[Martin Maurer]

KVM is our choice as it is for most open source developer. Major open source virtualization companies are moving from XEN to KVM - the biggest one (Redhat) bought the KVM company and decided to drop XEN as soon as possible.
Cloning: it would be nice, but it´s not the highest priority here. (see our roadmap, these features will be next).

Br, Martin