[PVE-User] iptables state module broken in debian 4.0 appliance?

Erik Gulliksson erik.gulliksson at diino.net
Tue Jan 27 22:01:18 CET 2009

> This is caused by the -m state directive.
> Without that it will work.

# iptables -A INPUT --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables v1.3.6: Unknown arg `--state'
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

Hmm, no that didn't do the trick. iptables -m tcp or -m udp seems to
work fine though, but not the state module.

> Anyway, I have problem with the NAT table too.
> Please try to list nat rules:
> # iptables -L -t nat
>
> What do you get?

# iptables -L -t nat
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.24-2-pve/modules.dep: No such
file or directory
iptables v1.3.6: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not
exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

Best regards
Erik

Erik Gulliksson, erik.gulliksson at diino.net
System Administrator, Diino AB