[PVE-User] Networking issues

Victor Padro vpadro at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 09:13:32 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 1:22 AM, Dietmar Maurer<dietmar at maurer-it.com> wrote:
>> But, If I create a Debian container I cannot assign the vmbr1
>> interface, it uses the vmbr0 interface
>
> Why can't you use vmbr1? Whats the problem?
>
> - Dietmar

AFAIK I can't assign vmbr1 on the web interface to that container
specifically, vmbr0 is the default interface for all containers.
Therefore I cannot create containers for the 192.168.100.0/24 network.

So I tried to do this:

#vzctl exec 501 ifconfig vmbr1 192.168.100.60/24

It works but If I restart the container the net settings have to be
changed to the 192.168.50.0/24 network in order to access it via SSH
from my workstation and to do that I can only access it under VNC.

Is there a conf where I can change that?

I can assign vmbr's in the web interface to different VMs under KVM
without any issue, maybe could it be something to add to the roadmap?

Thank you.

"Todo el desorden del mundo proviene de las profesiones mal o
mediocremente servidas"