[PVE-User] with multiple KVM guests, some fail to start when the host boots

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Sat Oct 24 02:51:04 CEST 2009

I believe we discussed this issue some time ago and I even sent some
patches to workaround this, but they never found the way upstream.

When the host is booting, it will start all KVM guests at the same time.

With ~10 guests or more, it may load the machine so much that some
guests may fail to start due to some bug either in kernel or KVM.

On a screenshot, it looks like below:

http://www1.wpkg.org/guest_not_booting.png

The issue does not happen if we pause for 15 seconds or more between
starting guests.

Is there a chance for a fix here?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski