[PVE-User] templates

eric lapaille eric at netline.be
Thu Oct 29 13:16:19 CET 2009

Hello everybody,

Since I updated from proxmox 1.3 to 1.4 , the proxmox vmlist/create.htm
page show me only openvz templates from the official website but don't
display other openvz working templates stored in /var/lib/vz/template/cache
I have to type manually /usr/bin/ssh/ -t -t -n -o BatchMode=yes xx
/usr/bin/pvectl vzcreate 131 --disk 40 --ostemplate
local:vztmpl/ubuntu-9.04-x86_64.tar.gz ... from the command line since
ubuntu-9.04-x86_64.tar.gz is not displayed in the create openvz listbox

What is exactly the difference between an approved proxmox appliance (
displaying name and architecture ) and a regular openvz  template

I also noticed that there is no replication in the cluster of files
added in /etc/vz/dists

Any tips or suggestions ?
Thanks
Eric from Republic of Wallonia  ;-)