[PVE-User] Self-created templates.

Luis Zarrabeitia kyrie at uh.cu
Thu Oct 29 14:31:21 CET 2009

Hello.

Excellent platform, by the way! [I hope some of the developers are on this
list and they can get my compliments.]

I have a few questions... one at a time. The first: How do I create a
template?

After a lot of trial and error, I noticed that the openvz templates I had
working weren't working on proxmox only because the naming convention, but it
is not immediately clear what the naming convention is (now I know, but
shouldn't this be in the wiki or something?).

Anyway, my point:

# debootstrap lenny mydir my_debian_mirror

works perfectly. I tar.gz that directory with the right name, and I get a
working proxmox base template.

But,

# debootstrap intrepid mydir my_ubuntu_mirror

won't work. The machine will "start", but vzctl enter [CTID] replies "can't
open pty". Do you have any idea why? I'd like to have an idea of what is
going on before deploying it, even if I end up using the pre-made ubuntu base
image.

--
Luis Zarrabeitia (aka Kyrie)
Fac. de Matemática y Computación, UH.