[PVE-User] Problem when clustering : can't get IP address

Fabien Bagard fabien.bagard at intersec.com
Fri Apr 23 11:59:02 CEST 2010

Hi all!

First of all, thank you for this wonderful enterprise-class suite !

I use PVE since 2 weeks from now, and I encountered some problems

---

vmbr0 is hard-coded in (at least) /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Cluster.pm

I discovered it when I tried to cluster 2 PVE. I don't use vmbr0, but
vmbr2 instead (for VLAN consistency : I have several VM on different VLANs)
I couldn't cluster them because, line 182, vmbr0 is hard-coded. It could
be great to replace all occurrences of vmbr0 by a variable which
contains, for example the first interface which start by 'vmrb' listed
in /etc/network/interfaces, or better, a command-line option where the
user give the interface to use.

 ==> cat /etc/network/interfaces | grep vmbr | head -n1 | cut -d' ' -f2

---

Thank you again for you wonderful job ! PVE is exactly what I needed !