[PVE-User] Proxmox and RAID-1 - Does it not support it?

Jeroen Wunnink jeroen at easyhosting.nl
Wed Dec 8 10:23:31 CET 2010

Seriously, RAID does NOT equal backup :-)
Backup is having a copy of your files on another (file)system

What happens if you delete a file, or your customer does, or a server
gets hacked, or a filesystem falls over, or your server catches fire and
takes the drives with it..

Not much use in having your disks in RAID then.

On 12/7/10 11:34 PM, Bruce B wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have a server that support three hard-drives so I am restricted to
> RAID-1 for backup. I have installed 3 x 1TB Hard Drives and configured
> RAID-1 in hardware but when I install Proxmox, I get the option to
> chose between sda1 and sdb1 (or sda2 maybe...) and so I don't think
> the hardware Raid-1 is in effect.
>
> Does proxmox support that?
>
> Also, how can I check to see if my RAID-1 is setup or not after
> proxmox is installed?
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jeroen Wunnink,
EasyHosting B.V. Systeembeheerder
systeembeheer at easyhosting.nl

telefoon:+31 (035) 6285455              Postbus 48
fax: +31 (035) 6838242                  3755 ZG Eemnes

http://www.easyhosting.nl
http://www.easycolocate.nl